Sunday, June 19, 2011

Email Marketing Is For Lovers

Yo yo yo, let's talk about some e-mail marketing.

Wow, so how weird is it to write emails to people you don't know, all the while not having a single person on your list to actually write to?

Ahh, I'm sure it get's less weird.

This is where you experienced marketers step in and tell me it gets better.  Go ahead, say it at the screen for me.
Actual Robot Subscriber
Ah there ya go.

Anywho, about a year ago, before I took a break from Internet Marketing, I was messing around with Aweber and attempting all sorts of things. Back then I had a few different sites that were literally terrible. It was awful. I believe I had one subscriber, which I'm pretty sure was a robot.

Fast forward to now and I am starting this learning process all over again.

Learning what to put in emails.  Learning how to make a webform.  Learning how to use Aweber.  

Basic stuff, really. But, just when you think you know something, you have to learn something else.

So fast forward to now again and I have 2 subscribers (within 2 days) and I was jumping with glee. And I'm pretty sure they are real people! Yay!

Although writing emails to strangers is not my forte, I do feel it getting better each time. At this point I have written three emails, one with real value, the other two containing a free report I made.

The kicker: I have no affiliate offers in there. YET.

So that's my next step.

You know, it would be so much easier if I had someone telling me exactly how to do all this email stuff. But it really wouldn't be so damn interesting. Or fun.

Alright IM-er's, as usual, get to work.

-Andy

Follow Me on The Tweeter thing

No comments:

Post a Comment